Everyone needs a little break outside of work and school. As an adult, it can sometimes be difficult to make time for fun activities. However, the time that you spend with your Little is a great time to get involved in new and exciting hobbies! Choosing a hobby can be a spectacular addition to your Little’s life.
Nowadays, many Littles spend a lot of time watching television, playing video games, texting, on the internet, or other activities that may not be very engaging. A hobby is a great way to expose a Little to the world around them. Hobbies are a great way to expand their social circles, build confidence, and provide an escape from any stressors. A good hobby can provide your Little with a challenge that they can continue to improve upon. From building bird houses to spelunking (exploring caves), each hobby takes time, dedication, and provides endless opportunities to make the next go around an even bigger pursuit.
Here are some hobbies that other Bigs are doing with their Littles:
- Big Sister Michelle and Little Sister Melanie try out a new ice cream parlor on many of their outings. They’ve been cataloging their experiences and are planning to start a blog in the summer about their experiences.
- Big Brother George and his Little Brother Julian are collecting each of the state quarters.
- Big Sister Sasha is helping her Little Sister prepare for her goal of going to school in France by helping her learn three new French words on each of their outings.
Help you Little to discover a new hobby! Keep it simple or get creative with it. Here’s a list of ideas to help you and your Little get started:
- Ham radio: communicating with other people through radio
- Ship in a bottle: constructing model ships in a bottle
- DIY (do it yourself) projects
- Make model cars
- Photography: film or digital
- Collecting: stamps, coins, seashells, etc.
- Rock climbing
- Fantasy baseball/football
- Scrap booking
Think about the hobbies you had growing up. How did they make you feel? How did you get introduced to them? Do you and your Little have a hobby that you two enjoy doing? Leave a comment and share your experience.